Saturday, December 6, 2014

Transfer Day!!

On November 14th, 2014 the long awaited day had finally arrived. It was day we had all been anxiously waiting for many months, it was transfer day! I woke up that morning incredibly nervous. I got up, got ready, and got my kids ready to go spend the weekend with their grandparents. It seemed like the morning was just dragging by. Throughout the morning Emilio, Sergio, and myself exchanged several text messages. They were both so encouraging and such a great support, although I knew they were just as nervous as I was, if not more. I could tell that they both wished they could be here for the transfer. I decided to I was going to do my best to make them as involved as I possibly could. My best friend volunteered to join us, so that she could Skype Emilio and Sergio during the entire transfer process. Next best thing to being there in person.

The transfer was scheduled for 10:30 AM. I was instructed to arrive at the clinic 30 minutes prior to the procedure. My husband and I had to leave our house an hour early because we got seven inches of snow overnight and knew the roads were going to be awful. This is unusual for Idaho, especially for so early in the year. The daddies and I agreed, that the snow was a good sign!




When we arrived at the clinic I was given a Valium, which is used to relax my uterus and to prevent any cramping during the procedure. I was instructed to lay down and wait for the medication to kick in. Linda, the beloved nurse from the clinic who has been one of my greatest supports during this process came in to give me a hug and say hi. Then Dr. Slater came in to talk about the procedure. Dr. Slater stated that they will placing two Grade A embryos into my uterus. She explained that Grade A. is the best level an embryo can be. She stated I had a 65% chance of becoming pregnant with one baby, 40% chance of twins, and then a 1% chance of the eggs splitting in half, and either having triplets or quadruplets.


Perfect little embryos 

When it was time to begin the actual transfer, we were able to connect with Emilio and Sergio on Facetime. It was so awesome to have the daddies involved, epecially from all the way in Brazil. The procedure only last about 10 minutes. Dr. Slater stated that everything went perfectly.





Once the procedure was complete, I was instructed to go home and rest for the next two days which the clinic referred to as the "Princess Days." This was only the beginning of the dreaded two week wait to see if the transfer was a success.

Let's just  say the next week went by very slowly for all of us.

1 comment:

  1. did it work?? are you pregnant?? cant wait to hear your beta and result :)

    ReplyDelete