Friday, December 26, 2014

Bring on the Babies!!

First off I want to apologize to all you dedicated readers out there, I know you all have been patiently waiting for an update. I've been waiting to make sure all is well before I posted the latest update. But I promise this blog post will be worth the wait.

Five days post transfer, and after much discussion the daddies and I decided that I would go ahead and take a home pregnancy test. The clinic doesn't typically recommend carriers to do this because it can often give false results. But the three of us couldn't wait another a week for the blood tests, so we decided to just give it try. The first test I took, the results seemed to take forever, but then I saw a very faint positive line. I was so excited that I immediately sent a picture of the test to Emilio and Sergio. Unfortunately neither one of them saw the very faint positive line and became disappointed. When I realized they didn't see it, I told them to look a little closer. Their reactions once they realized what they saw were priceless. They were both over the moon excited! This made my heart so happy for them! Over the next two days, I took two more home pregnancy tests, both of which had the same results, and the positive line was darker each time I took a test. We all now had to wait for the upcoming blood tests to confirm the pregnancy.







On November 21st, I went into the clinic for my first blood test. This blood test is to determine the level of the HCG hormone in my body. The HCG hormone is only detected once an embryo has implanted into the uterus. The first test (which is referred to in the IVF world as a Beta) the clinic wants to see the levels at anywhere above a 5, seems doable right? The first test came back and my Beta numbers were 121!!! The clinic was very pleased with these numbers. I was instructed to come back another blood draw in 3 days. By then the clinic wants to see the first numbers at least double. My next blood draw was on a Monday. This test for some reason was a little more nerve wracking for all of us. And I am not exactly sure why. I went into the clinic first thing that morning, and after waiting for what seemed like forever, we finally got the results. I received this text from Emilio and Sergio and then shortly after, I received a text from Linda at the clinic. My numbers had more than doubled! My beta numbers were at a 628!!! This confirmed I was pregnant.

My next blood test was the 20 day beta check which was on December 4th.  This clinic likes to see this number at anything above a 1,000. My results came in at whopping 16,044!!! The numbers were amazing! I was instructed to continue all medications and schedule an ultrasound for December 15th. I have to say the next couple weeks waiting for the ultrasound was agonizing! I could not wait to see the little baby (babies) on the screen, I could not wait to have my pregnancy officially confirmed. I could not wait to witness the excitement from Emilio and Sergio. The weekend before the ultrasound, I remember thinking that I have never wanted a weekend to go by that fast.

Monday, December 15, finally rolled around. I purposely scheduled the ultrasound for early in the morning, so none of us had to wait all day. When my husband and I arrived at the clinic, we were both very nervous. I was grateful that Linda would be conducting the ultrasound, which helped put both of us at ease. When Linda called us back I remember her telling us she was twitterpated and excited! Once in the room, we were ready to go! And what did we did.....not one but TWO perfect little embryos, each with very strong heartbeats! I could not believe it, I had two little babies in my tummy. I could not wait to tell the daddies the news. I sent them a picture of the ultrasound screen and a special video of their babies heartbeats. As you can imagine, they were ecstatic, and in a little shock. Feeling their excitement and happiness is exactly why I chose to do this. This was one of the happiest and most memorable days of my life.


Perfect little embryos 

Look closely, you can see the little heartbeats. 

So far I am feeling pretty good. I am battling the typical first trimester issues, such as fatigue and morning sickness, which thankfully hasn't been too bad. I am considering myself very lucky. What has surprised me though this time around is how fast my body is already changing. My jeans are very snug and are almost too uncomfortable to wear and I am already starting to get a little baby bump.

Baby bump at 8 weeks! 

Our next ultrasound is scheduled for December 29th. If all goes well at that appointment, the clinic will start weaning me from all medications, which means no more shots....YAY!!! I will keep you all posted. I promise I will give you all an update on Monday, with another picture of the adorable babies I am cooking. Thanks again for all your continued love and support!!













8 comments:

  1. YAY!!!!!! SO SO SO VERY EXCITING! xoxooxoxoxooxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need more updates. please and thank you. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm ready for more…. maybe the 3rd time I say it you will listen :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. ………………………………….

    ReplyDelete
  5. seriously woman. get on it. I NEED more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing the information.


    HCG Pregnancy Blood Test:

    They diagnose hCG earlier in a pregnancy than urine tests. Six to eight days after you ovulate, blood tests can tell you if you're pregnant. To check for pregnancy, doctors use two types of blood tests: The quantitative blood test (also known as the beta hCG test) determines the precise amount of hCG in your blood. Dr Jolly Diagnostics- A leading Premium Diagnostics Centre and Pathology Lab in Greater Kailash Delhi.
    Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) Tests

    ReplyDelete